Friday, November 27, 2009

26th Year

A year of reflection. Of change. Thanks to all my friends and family for the birthday wishes this past week. It has been a great year and a wonderful day today! I'm in my favorite place with my favorite person. I love my life and the fact that my birthday falls on the busiest, in terms of traffic, shopping day of the year. Irony is my friend in so many ways. A smile comes to my face with just the thought. I couldn't resist the urge to share my thoughts on this evening ode to consumerism. How proud am I that the anniversary of my birth falls on the day that more Americans are in shopping malls than at home with their families on this glorious Friday; either working or shopping. On this weekend when we give thanks for the incredible spoiled bounty that overfills our cup spilling out into the surrounding land, flooding nearby villages and killing thousands; let us remember to find contentment in the little things in life like cheese, puppies, gooses and goodness.

No comments: