Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Journey

I have realized that it does not really matter where I end up. In all honesty, I have no clue where all of this will end or if it will end at all. And for the first time in my life, I don't really care. It used to bother me intensely to not know. I wanted to be in control and hated surprises. I am finally learning to enjoy the actualy existence of my life, and not always looking around the corner for what is in store next. If you are always looking ahead you cannot enjoy the now. And the now is so incredible. The only thing looking ahead does is make you worrisome. The same is true if you remain in the past. All there is is now. Nothing else. Be in the moment. What makes life so amazing is the process, the journey, the adventure of it all. I don't want to know what is going to happen. I don't want to have it all planned out. I just want it to happen. And yes, it can be scary at times, but hey, that is better than having a boring life. It is sad because I used to think that about myself, and it was probably true. I was boring. But, no more. My life is full of interesting people and events, and if there is ever a dull moment I will be sure to turn that dullness into something interesting because that is what is in my power.

No comments: