Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankfulness

My husband and I were talking earlier today about what we are thankful for. He made a really good point about thankfulness. Traditionally, people are thankful to someone for something. I am not thankful to any person or diety, but to myself. I am the one who has made the choices that brought me to this place in life. So, I am thankful that I found the courage within myself to make the right choices for myself, even if they were difficult at first. So, I wanted to put that thought out there first. With that said, here are more things I am thankful for.

  • My goosey husband, Greg
  • Our cute puppy, Boo
  • Parental units
  • Siblings and extended family
  • Nice place to live
  • Realizing the freedom I have in making my own choices
  • The joy I receive when I make a choice on my own
  • Education, learning, and books
  • New ideas that challenge previous held beliefs
  • Good conversation
  • The ability to truly experience life to its fullest in all aspects!

No comments: