Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What I've realized

A lot of people I know personally think that their lives suck.  They are depressed and think the here and now if full of pain and suffering.  People like this "need" something to make them feel better.  Some choose alcohol, drugs, relationships, work, or any other addiction to make their lives bearable in their minds.  There are also those who believe that their life sucks so bad right now, that they lie in wait for the promise of eternal life after they die.  Life is so shitty for them now, they are hoping for some relief in "heaven."  At least in heaven they will be happy, they think.

Well this is my view on it.  If you life rocks right now, how can it be better when you are dead?  I know I have said this over and over again, but it really is all just a matter of perspective.  Who are you going to blame for your shitty life?  Your parents, your spouse, your friends, the government.  I mean come on!  You are the only one who has the power to change things for yourself.  If you are unhappy then do something about it.  Don't sit there and have a pity party for yourself, because nothing will change that way.  There are some people I know that seem to enjoy being sad, depressed, and in a bitchy mood all the time.  That does not spell fun for me.  I am happy right now because I choose to be.  I love my life.  I am so glad that out of the huge randomness in the world, that I am conscious and am alive.  There are so many people who don't even get that chance, yet people are so spoiled that they find anything to complain about.  Sure to some, my life may seem quirky or odd, but I am doing what makes me happy.  Not many people can say that because they don't even know what makes them happy.

All I can say, is take the time to get to know yourself.  I spent 20 years of my life going through the motions and pretending to be something that I thought I had to be.  Now I realize that I can be me and that is the best thing.  It's not about fitting in or following along.  It is about finding what makes you happy whatever that is.  I am just glad I have come to this realization relatively early in my life.  There are those who hold on to ideals for so long.  The older you get the harder it is to break free from those things.  Every second is beautiful.  Be thankful that you are aware and conscious enough to enjoy it.  Let go now and enjoy your life!

No comments: